Friday, July 25, 2008

10 things....

I'll follow a '10 things' theme over the next week to give you an idea of what our family is up to at the moment.


10 of my current projects in no particular order:

1. Making fleecy animal-shaped heat packs to (hopefully!) sell,

2. Knitting a scarf for Nathan (which was going oh, so sucessfully until I thought 'Wow, I'm really getting the hang of this knitting business!' and now I have to somehow undo the last 2 rows - any tips, anyone??)

3. Growing fruit & veggies. We love our veggie patch. We've put a lot of work into it, and there's a few funny stories (like Don chasing after a bucking rotary hoe while I had tears of laughter streaming down my face), and there's currently more grass growing in there than veggies, but it's going to be great! I'm determined!! (Thanks for helping me weed some of that grass, Nicki!) We've also planted a lemon tree and lime tree which seem to be surviving the frost so far (unlike my poor old frangipani....)

4. Sewing a dress for my sister-in-law

5. Homeschooling: our current project is the Human Body

6. Sewing handbags. Just finished one for a niece (don't look, Mikayla!), and the next one is for my sister-in-law, to match her dress for the wedding.

7. Propagating plants from cuttings. Seems to be fairly successful so far. I lost most of the first round of daisies because I got impatient and stopped watering them because I assumed they were dead. Some survived against all odds, so I'm trying again!

8. Is it rude to put 'child raising' as a project?

9. Ok, so maybe 10 was a bit ambitious. Can I say going shampoo-free is a project? It was a walk in the park for the rest of the family, but I'm still stuffing around working out whether to use bi-carb soda every now and then, or just use water. (Try google-ing the delicate phrase 'no poo' if you don't know what I'm talking about)

10. The last one!! Umm..... oh yes, we're trying to set up a web page for our church. Don got interested in it and seems to have taken it over. (Which is very fine with me!)






Hope that's been insightful.


I'll leave you with a few photos of holiday fun while the in-laws were visiting last week.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, your blog is absolutely fantastic. Love the photos and miss you! Gus is getting faster with his walking and getting pretty cheeky getting his ways.
Lots of Love, L, B & G