Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Snake sighting

We've had a very exciting morning so far - the children spotted a brown snake in the yard outside, quite close to the house. It was a good opportunity to revise what-to-do-if-you-see-a-snake lessons. Somehow I don't think anyone will be volunteering to help me hang out the washing this morning!

I have been organising some Montessori-style activity draws for the littlest chicken to keep her occupied during school work times. They're such a great idea. The favourites at the moment are posting matchsticks through a hole in a box, and dropping water from one bottle to another.


And after all my moaning and groaning yesterday about not having the right Easter eggs in the shops, I made some up last night using the moulds. It was really very easy in the end, and I'm wondering why I ever bought them in the first place!

No comments: