Monday, August 18, 2008

Bracelets & aprons

Yesterday chicken no.1 (with a little help from me) made a bracelet for a friend's birthday. It's a pretty funky thing! One of Molly Chicken's bracelets inspired us, so we had a go. We might go to a warehouse type shop and see if we can get dangly earrings/beads and other groovy things to decorate the next ones. We basically just put different fabrics together and stitched across them with a decorative stitch (Well, as decorative as my poor little Elna gets!). Next time I might use a bit of light interfacing to give them a bit more strength.


I can also post a picture of two of the aprons I made earlier in the month - using the amoeba pattern from A is for Apron. It's such a groovy shape! I have a real love/hate relationship with bias-binding - the hate bit won out for the second apron, so I lined it instead!


No comments: