Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunny Thursdays

This is what this morning was like for us (ignoring the dining table mess of books and puzzles).

I planted my pumpkin seedlings. I love it when the garden bed is like this - new plants, lots of mulch, looking lovely and neat and full of promise.



The tomato seedlings are just about ready to go in. I tried a few different pots for my seeds, and compared the seeds I had collected and dried (just on paper towel on the window sill) to the 'professionally' collected seeds. Both types of seeds are growing equally as well, but the little 'jiffy' pots (flat packed, expand on watering) have had a much higher rate of success that the little peat pots (I think they dried out too much). So there you go - if I can do it, so can you. Grab yourself some seeds and a pot and go for it!



And I admired this lovely spray of rose buds - I can't believe how many can fit on a branch! I know, it's a teeny picture, but any closer and you'd see the masses of aphids. I'm doing an experiment with banana peel at the moment, to see if it will repel the aphids - I'll let you know how I go.


No comments: