Friday, December 26, 2008

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and Happy Birthday to you today, Gus!

Sidetracking from Christmas thoughts to the garden for a minute... Let me tell you that when a label says that a plant is prolific, you should trust it. I planted a number of 'Lazy housewife beans' and this is about how many beans they are producing each day (see picture). I put a ruler there, because the largest bean is 22cm long... Beans, anyone?



And Don would only allow me to plant 2 zucchini plants (after the whole pumpkin vines going wild thing..), so I may have about another dozen seedlings wanting a good home.... Zucchini's, anyone?? I'm going to have to start a nursery at this rate... In fact, the patio outside our bedroom door is getting rather crowded with pots at the moment. Don gave me 2 flowering gum trees for Christmas as well, and my parents gave me another frangipani (they're very trusting, after I killed the last one!).


And this is the gift I was bursting to show you - I made a double bed quilt for one of my sisters. Well, I say "I", but mum helped me with the hand stitching (can't thank her enough!), and Robyn gave me endless advice and let me use her quilting machine (lovely lady!).

No comments: