Sunday, December 14, 2008

W.I.P.

You know, it took me ages of reading craft blogs to work out that W.I.P. meant 'work in progress'! Don's parent's gave me the much hoped for Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts book (thanks!) for Christmas (early celebration), so I straight away got stuck into the little elephant project. Here she is, awaiting some final stitches:


Littlest chicken was inspired to help with a bit of baking. I think she was tired of sticking things up her nose, actually, and decided to be more constructive with her time..... yeah, right! (Good thing chicken no.2 gave me all that practice of removing small things from nostrils...). Anyway, we made these little apple pie thingies (there's probably a proper name for them out there somewhere, but we kind of made it up on the spot) - pie apples mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon loosely wrapped in some shortcrust pastry squares. Quite yummy!


I made way too much chocolate fudge for a party on the weekend, so we took little parcels of it around to the neighbours as an excuse for a chat and to say Merry Christmas. One of the ladies almost had hysterics when I told her I had planted 4 pumpkin vines and 22 tomato plants! And just in case you were worried that I hadn't shown you any pumpkins this week....


For those who want the fudge recipe, it's soooo easy:
500g dark cooking choc (broken up)
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
Cook in microwave on high for 3 mins (stir occasionally). Add a crushed bar of two of your favourite choc. Spread on a lined tray, and set in the fridge. Don't eat too much too quickly!!

No comments: